Anypoint Runtime Fabric is a container service that automates the deployment and orchestration of Mule applications and API gateways. Runtime Fabric runs within a customer-managed infrastructure on AWS, Azure, virtual machines (VMs), and bare-metal servers.
Some of the capabilities of Anypoint Runtime Fabric include:
- Isolation between applications by running a separate Mule runtime per application.
- Ability to run multiple versions of Mule runtime on the same set of resources.
- Scaling applications across multiple replicas.
- Automated application fail-over.
- Application management with Anypoint Runtime Manager.
1. Wants to deploy runtimes on their own premises (Data center, private IaaS)
- Allow new customers to deploy in the most simple manner.
- Deployment and management are provided OOTB.
- For existing customers, removes the pain from managing several mule applications on-premises.
- RTF will automate upgrade, increase scalability (1app/runtime vs multiple apps/runtime).
2. Can afford at least 6 servers for Anypoint Runtime Fabric
- For a highly available configuration for production deployments.
- 3 servers for running RTF itself, 3 for Mule applications.
- Licensing is enforced by the total number of cores allocated for application deployments -- not the total number of cores available to Runtime Fabric.
3. Wants on alternative to deploying on AWS
- Retail customer and cannot use Amazon.
- They have credits they want to use for their cloud provider (eg. Azur).
- They have internal deployment standardization they must follow.